There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, ‘If I could only see the world, I will marry you.’
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.
He asked her, ‘Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?’ The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn’t expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: ‘Take good care of your eyes, my dear; for before they were yours, they were mine.’
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.
LIFE IS A GIFT
- Today, before you say an unkind word ~ Think of someone who cannot speak.
- Before you complain about the taste of your food ~ Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
- Today before you complain about your life ~ Think of someone who LEFT too early.
- Before whining about the distance you drive ~ Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
- And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down ~ Put a smile on your face and think: You’re alive.